AFC Urgent Care Boulder, CO
Schedule COVID-19 Test
COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
AFC Urgent Care Boulder COVID-19 Information
AFC Urgent Care Boulder currently only offers drive-thru COVID testing for asymptomatic patients only. Urgent Care services will be available at this location in Spring of 2021. If you have any additional questions please reach out to our team right away.
COVID drive-thru testing is only offered for asymptomatic patients, meaning they are not currently experiencing symptoms. This includes home or workplace exposure, travel, pre-surgery, etc. If you are experiencing symptoms, please visit our Louisville location for walk-in testing and to be seen and evaluated by a provider.
AFC Urgent Care Boulder is not accepting walk-ins for testing. Testing will be done through a telemedicine visit. You will need to schedule an appointment online and show up to our location at the designated, scheduled time. COVID-19 test results will be available within 2-4 days. We accept all major insurances for COVID testing.
COVID-19 Mobile Testing Process
AFC Urgent Care Boulder is currently only offering COVID testing for asymptomatic patients. The following explains the process when scheduling and showing up at testing site. If you are looking to receive a COVID-19 test, please read the following information carefully:
- Schedule your appointment online via this link.
- The schedule opens 4 days in advance at 11:00 PM each night. If there are no appointments listed on the scheduling page, there are none currently available.
- This process will include a telemedicine visit with a provider. You will get a link sent to you by text and email 15 min prior to your appointment. You do not have to click on that link until you arrive at the center and we give you further instruction.
- Show up to the designated parking spot at your appointment day and time. We are located in a “Mobile Mini” trailer in front of our facility. There are 2 designated spots to the left of the trailer and one across from the trailer that are labeled for AFC Urgent Care parking.
- When you arrive, a receptionist will come out to get your ID and insurance card to start your registration process.
- They will also instruct you at that time to click on the link to make sure there are no connection errors.
- The provider will join the video call and take a basic history.
- Once the provider visit is complete, a medical assistant will come out to your car to take your temperature, oxygen, and heart rate and to obtain your nasal swab.
- The swab is sent to a local lab in Golden and results will be called to you and posted to your patient portal in 2-4 days.
For any questions, please call us at 720-961-9700.